1. I_________from Singapore.
2. This is my friend._________name is Mike.
3. Paul is_________.
A.my sister’s friend
B.friend my sister
C.friend from my sister
D.my sister friend’s
4. My cousin is_________artist.
5. _________30 desks in the classroom.
6. Kelvin_________romantic films.
7. Sorry, I can’t talk.I_________right now.
8. She_________at school last week.
9. I_________the movie last night.
10. _________a piece of cake? No, thank you.
A.Do you like
B.Would you like
D.Are you like
11. The living room is_________than the bedroom.
12. The car is very old. We’re going_________a new car soon.
C.to will buy
13. Catherine is a vegetarian. She_________meat.
14. There aren’t_________buses late in the evening.
15. The car park is_________to the restaurant.
16. Ivy_________shopping every day.
17. They_________in the park when it started to rain heavily.
18. _________seen fireworks before.
A.Did you ever
B.Are you ever
C.Have you ever
D.Do you ever
19. We’ve been friends_________many years.
20. You_________pay for the tickets. They’re free.
C.don’t need to
D.doesn’t have to
21. Sam was ill last week and he_________go out.
22. These are the photos_________I took on holiday.
23. We’ll stay at home if it_________this afternoon.
24. He doesn’t smoke now, but he_________a lot when he was young.
C.used to smoke
25. Mark plays basketball_________anyone else I know.
A.more good than
B.as better as
26. I promise I_________you as soon as I’ve finished this cleaning.
C.going to help
27. This town_________by lots of tourists during the summer.
28. He said that his friends_________to speak to him after they lost the football match.
29. How about_________to the cinema tonight.
30. Excuse me, can you_________me the way to the train station, please?
31. I wasn’t interested in the performance very much. _________.
A.I didn’t, too.
B.Neither was I.
C.Nor I did.
D.So I wasn’t.
32. Take a warm coat, _________you might get very cold outside.
D.in order to
33. _________this great book and I can’t wait to see how it ends.
A.I don’t read
C.I’ve been reading
34. What I like more than anything else_________at weekends.
B.to play golf
C.is playing golf
D.is play golf
35. She_________for her cat for two days when she finally found it in the garage.
B.had been looked
C.had been looking
36. We won’t catch the plane_________we leave home now! Please hurry up!
37. If I hadn’t replied to you email, I_________here with you now.
38. Do you think you_________with my mobile phone soon? I need to make a call.
C.will have finished
39. I don’t remember mentioning_________dinner together tonight.
B.you going to
C.to go for
40. Was it Captain Cook_________New Zealand?
D.who was discovering
41. You may not like the cold weather here, but you’ll_________.
A.tell it off
B.sort itself out
C.put up with it
D.put it off
42. It’s cold so you should_________on a warm jacket.
43.Steven will look_________our dogs while we’re on holiday.
44. She_________a lot of her free time reading.
45. Hello, this is James. Could I_________to Jane, please?
46. They’re coming to our house_________Saturday.
47. I think it’s very easy to_________debt these days.
C.go down to
48. Come on! Quick! Let’s get_________!
D.with immediate effect
49. I phoned her_________I heard the news.
C.by the time
50. I feel very_________. I’m going to go to bed.